Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Business Builders' Swap

New Stampin' Up! Product

 This month our Business Builder group had a swap.  We each produced 3 different cards using only products that are new or will be carried over into the 2012/2013 catalog.  I am posting mine below.  I usually will find a card on the internet that I like and tweak it a little, using different colors, stamps, paper, etc.  This month I came up with my own cards without looking for inspiration from others.

The first is a simple Congratulations card.  I used DSP from the Floral District set as well as the new Layered Labels stamp and Apothecary Accents Framelit.  The rest is using existing product that will carry over.

The next card uses the Papaya Cottage stamp set.  The beautiful rose as well as the Comfort Cafe DSP I used and the Victoria ribbon give a Victorian/vintage look to the card.  The words also come from a new set called Memorable Moments.  This is a great set, because the Happy and the Birthday are both separate stamps.  There is also Anniversary as well as numbers that come with this set. You can mix and match and really customize your stamps.  Using it with the clear mount makes it really easy to line up the words and numbers. 


The third card is my favorite.  Although it is a little more work than the others, the results were well worth it.  I used markers to color the stamp which gave it a gradient look.  My daughter helped me pick out the paper color combination and the wording.  I think we make a fabulous team!

The next swap I am involved in is a shaker card.  I came up with it in the middle of the night...waking up with a "Eureka" moment.  I can't wait to share it with you after the trade in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment