Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Different Cards, Same Template

In my previous blog, I posted my interpretation of a layout challenge.  If you go to the other site, you see how different each person's interpretation can be of the same layout and color scheme.
Today I am showing how you can use the same interpretation, but make cards that look very different.
The first card is a card I CASED.  It is almost exactly like the card that I found on the internet.  I found it a couple of months ago when we were allowed to pre-purchase the Summer Smooches items, and don't remember who I CASED it from, so I apologize for not having the originator's name here.
I decided to "flip" the card over, with the DSP on the bottom, added a label punch, and made it a Christmas Card.  You can see the results in the next picture.  I also used the Big Shot to emboss the blank top of the card, adding some dimension..  However, you can see I used the same basic lay-out.
Next, I used some cute animals to use the identical layout for the Christmas card and it has a completely different look!
As you can see, once you find a card lay-out you like, you can use it over and over but have very different cards!  So, if you are in a hurry you don't have to stress over finding a card to CASE, you can use a previous lay out, change the colors, stamps and words and you have a quick and easy card of a different style!

No comments:

Post a Comment