Monday, August 13, 2012

August 2012 Little Debbies Downline Swap - Christmas Card

This month in the downline meeting I attend with Debbie Naylor's group, we did a Christmas card swap.  Mine was very simple.  I like it so much that I think it may be my Christmas card this year!
I also made this card in blue and will probably mix it up when making the 100 or so I will send out for the holidays!
This card is done in real red, and whisper white.  It uses the Flowering Flourishes stamp set from the 2012/2013 Stampin' Up! catalog as well as the Ornament Keepsake bundle (stamp set and big shot Framelits Dies.)
There are several layers, including the card base in real red, a layer of whisper white, another layer of red, and the final stamped on layer of whisper white which has the cut out ornament popped with a dimensional and decorated with a pearl in the center.
This is such a quick and easy card and the layers with the monochromatic details give the card a nice elegance.
It is quick and easy to make, and using different colors and different ornaments, you can make different looking cards that are in the same theme.  That way, making hundreds of them is not so tedious!
If you need to order any of the items, please visit my web site at click here.
In my next few blogs, I will post gift cards that I made for a swap.  They are all 3 different with very different looks.
Enjoy and keep stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment