Monday, August 6, 2012

Swappers Anonymous Group - Swap Christmas Card

I am a member of Swappers Anonymous through Stampin' Up!'s Stampin' Connection.  We all love to swap to get new ideas and to see others' creativity.
One of the "girls" wanted to host her very first swap with the group since we would be patient with her during her learning curve. 
She had several categories, and each contained several stamps.  We will be trading, with one person doing cards from each stamp of that set.
I chose the Ornament Keepsakes set.  Below is my card.
This set is a lot of fun because it has several ornament stamps and the dies to cut them out can be purchased as a bundle, reducing the cost.  I used Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green as the colors, using Old Olive to do the branches (using the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree stamp set).  Using Versamark and silver embossing powder, I made the tops a shiny silver.
I love Christmas cards and am glad we are back to the second half of the year when Christmas card stamping starts back up!
This week, at our downline meeting, we are also trading Christmas cards.  Tune in to see my monochromatic ornament card!  I think maybe that one will be my Christmas card this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment