Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My first blog - "Quilted" Card




I am both excited and terrified!  This is the first blog I have ever created, and my first blog entry.  First, I want to thank you for viewing my blog!  Next, I want to invite you to give me ideas or let me know about anything you would like to learn regarding stamping or other paper crafts!

This month I participated in a Paper Design Challenge to create a quilted card.  I first created the quilt pieces by cutting 1/8 inch strips of Stampin’ Up! Summer  Smooches Designer Series Paper.  I assembled the herringbone design on top of a 4 X 5 ¼ inch piece of white card stock (you can find the herringbone technique demonstrated here) and then ran the piece through the Big Shot using the Finial Press embossing folder.   This layer was attached to a Stampin’ Up! Real Red card base.  

Using  the  Framelets Label Collection and the Big Shot, I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock and a piece of Whisper White cardstock, using one size smaller for the white.  I stamped my image on the white piece using Stampin’ Up!’s  new Bright Blossoms stamp set (and, of course, the Stamp-a-ma-jig to center it) and lightly sponged yellow over the  entire white surface.   A bow made from Daffodil Delight Taffeta ribbon,  as well as red and yellow buttons from our  Designer Buttons  collection really help to accent the piece.     
         
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this card as much as I enjoyed creating it!  Try your hand at the challenge!  Find a quilt block you would like to duplicate and create your own note or greeting card.  Send it to me so I can share your creativity with others!

If you would like to reproduce this card, everything you need can be found on my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator web site.  
The DSP and stamp set will be available in June as part of our new catalog, but you will find many other DSPs and stamp sets that can create a similar look. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kathy! Keep up the good work and best of luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete