Thursday, April 26, 2012

Retiring Accessories

There were no extreme surprises for me on the Stampin' Up! accessory retirement list.  Probably the most disappointing for me is the fact that all of the grossgrain ribbon will no longer be available.  However, I am sure it will be replaced with something just as nice!  If you would like to order some before it is unavailable, you can do it at my web site. The card on the bottom has an example of this type of ribbon.  The stamp set used in this card, Fifth Avenue Floral, is also retiring so get it while supplies last, as well.  It is a wonderful set that comes with these flowers as well as a large rose and a lily.  The rest of the items used to make this card will be available in the next catalog.
Another retiring item I will miss is the pastel set.  I used pastels to color in the car in the top card.  Luckily, all items used to make this card except the words and the pastels will be available in the new catalog, including the stamp set Need for Speed.  It is a great set for teens - with the car, a jet, a boat and an ATV.  My son loves this set, and we are happy it will be around in order to make gift card holders for his friends' birthdays!
I highly suggest purchasing the pastel kit before it is sold out.  It allows subtle coloring of images, and you can be extremely creative and color skies, grass, etc. using a gradient of colors.  My daughter is very artistic and has created some beautiful scenes using the pastels.  I'm sure she will continue to use them for a long time!
Hurry and check out the retirement list, because many of the retiring accessories are discounted quite a bit.  If you like the Decor Elements or the Simply Adorned line, scoop up as many as you can before they are no longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment